Below are forms commonly used by COF students and faculty.  Additional forms are available from the Registrar's Office.

Form Description
Academic Regulations Petition

Use this form when you want to:

1. Request an time extension for removal of an “Incomplete” grade
2. Request to take an examination for credit or waiver of a particular course
3. Petition for an exception to university level requirements such as university GPA, academic residency, and graduation requirements

Academic Regulations Petition (multi-purpose)
Catalog Declaration Form

A student, in consultation with their advisor, can choose to move their field of study catalog year forward. This is accomplished by submitting a signed Catalog Declaration form with the appropriate catalog term designation.  Catalog terms can be moved forward but not backward in time.

Catalog Declaration Form
Change of Grade

Teaching faculty and instructors can make changes of grades online.  Online changes to grades will be allowed for up to one academic year from the term when the course was taken. Any changes for a course older than one year will have to be made via a Change of Grade form, submitted to the Registrars Office.  

Change of Grading Basis Form

Use this form to switch to or from S/U grading or A/F grading

Change of Grading Basis
Change of Major

Use this form if you wish to change majors or campuses, add or remove a minor, option, or secondary major. Your COF Advisor can assist you with completing and submitting the form.  Students wishing to add a major outside the College of Forestry should contact an Academic Advisor for their new majuor.

PDF icon College and Major codes
Change of Major Form (Fillable)
CoF Registration Override Permission Form

Use this form to request an override into a course for one of the following reasons:

1. You are restricted from taking a course due to your campus affiliation (Corvallis, Cascades, E-campus)
2. You are restricted from taking a course because the class is full
3. You are restricted from taking a course because of your class level (for example, you are a freshman and the course identifies that students must be juniors or above to register)
4. You are restricted from taking a course because you lack a prerequisite
5. You are restricted from taking a course/lab/recitation because of a time conflict in your schedule
6. You are restricted from taking a course due to a college or major restriction (for example, you are a CoF student but the course is restricted to only College of Science students)
7. You need to request access to the course during the 2nd week of the term (2nd week adds)
8. You are restricted from taking a course because of your level (graduate, undergraduate)

PDF icon COF Override Form.pdf
Confidentiality Request

Use this form to establish yourself as a "confidential" student.  Please be sure to read the form thoroughly to understand the full implications of selecting this option.

Confidentiality Request
Course Substitution Petition

Use this form when you want to substitute a course you’ve already taken (at OSU or another university/community college) for a baccalaureate core course or in your College of Forestry program/major requirements. Be sure to attach both the course syllabus and course catalog description for the course you are using as a substitute.

PDF icon Course Subsitution Petition Form
Enrollment Verification Methods

Use this form to receive verification of Enrollment from the Registrar's Office.  There is a $15.00 fee which will be charged to your student account.  Enrollment information may also be ottained from National Student Clearinghouse or with an official transcript at no charge.  Verification takes three business days to process and there is NO RUSH SERVICE for verification.

Verification of Enrollment Request
Extra Hours Petition

Use this form to request approval to register for 20-24 credit hours per term.

Undergraduate Extra Credits Petition
FERPA Form for Student Consent to Release Information

Use this form if you would like to grant the OSU Office of Business Affairs, OSU Financial Aid, or the OSU Office of the Registrar permission to release information from your OSU student records to third parties. 

PDF icon FERPA Release Form.pdf
FERPA Form for Student Consent to Release Information
Late Change of Registration Petition

Use this form if you wish to petition for a late add, drop, withdrawal or other registration change.

Petition For Late Change of Registration
Official Transcript Request

Use this form to order transcripts.  The Transcript Information web page, oregonstate.edu/registrar/transcipts, provides additional information on transcripts.

Official Transcript Request
OSU Audit Registration Form

Use this form to request approval to audit a course.

Audit Registration Form
Permission to Release Education Records

Complete and submit this form to authorize release of your educational records to a specific person or office.  The OSU Registrar's office will maintain this disclosure authorization with the records of the student, as long as the specific records disclosed are maintained by OSU according to its Records Retention Schedule.

Permission To Release Education Records
Transfer Course Equivalency Petition

Use this form to request a review of course equivalency for OSU course work.  The Office of Admissions, with assistance from the academic units, determines the transferability of course work completed at other institutions, and the articulation to equivalent OSU courses.  The transfer course equivalency petition provides an opportunity for the student and/or academic unit to identify articulation for a transfer course.

Transfer Course Equivalency Petition